The home you own and live in, the home you rent to others, the apartment you rent, the cabin at the lake, all represent significant investment and should be insured to protect that investment.  You could also be found legally liable if someone trips in your home or if a fire damages your neighbor’s property.  Not only your home and contents are at risk, but also your savings in the bank/CREDIT UNION!! 

Your assets can be protected by transferring the risk to someone else.  That’s where your insurance broker can help, by searching for insurance coverage that combines the best price with the highest benefit, creating value for our customers.  We represent the buyer by finding the products that best suits their individual needs (not everyone needs the same policy).  We represent a number of different insurers – we do your shopping for you!!  Residential insurance protects your dwelling, outbuildings, and contents.


Includes your home and any attached structures:

  • Permanently installed outdoor equipment including fences
  • Outdoor swimming pools, outdoor hot tubs, and their attached equipment
  • Materials intended for use in construction or repair of the dwelling or private structures
  • Building fixtures and fittings temporarily removed from the premises for repair or seasonal storage


Private structures that are separated from your home by a clear space and not insured under dwelling (could be connected by a fence):

  • Detached garage
  • Shed
  • Boatlifts, docks (could be located elsewhere in the same resort area as dwelling)


Personal property normally kept and used at the insured premises. Some belongings must be insured separately and aren’t included in the basic homeowner package.  This list is not all-inclusive, just examples of property that may not be included in the amount of belongings shown on your policy (or may have limits on the amount paid).

  • Boats & motors
  • High valued jewelry
  • Business property
  • Money and securities
  • Animals, birds, and fish
  • Spare automobile parts
  • Collectibles
  • Cemetery property
  • Belongings of students attending school away from home
  • Bikes
  • Motorized vehicles

Additional Living Expenses

Necessary increases in living expenses including moving expenses if an insured peril makes your home unfit for occupancy.

Rental Income

If your rented dwelling becomes uninhabitable due to an insured peril, you may no longer be able to rent the dwelling and may lose the rental income associated with having a renter.  Rental income coverage replaces your rental income up to specific limits and for specific periods of time.

Personal Liability

Protects you if you’re found legally responsible for

  • Bodily injury
    • Someone trips and falls because of a hazard within your home (loose carpet)
  • Property damage
    • A rotting tree falls and damages your neighbor’s house
    • A fire on your property advances and damages  your neighbor’s property

Identity Theft

The fraudulent acquisition and use of a person’s identity, usually for financial gain.  Stolen identification is also used to apply for and create birth certificates, or obtain passports.

North Battleford Agencies offers insurance on many home insurance risks. Click HERE to submit a request for quote online!


Buying a home is likely that largest investment you will ever make.

Even the most careful and cautious homeowner is at risk for fire, burglary, theft, and vandalism.  Protect your investment with a homeowner package that meets your needs, now and into the future.

Mobile Homeowners

When you own a mobile home, you have the same insurance needs as other homeowners and you are at risk for fire, burglary, theft, and vandalism.  Protect your investment with a package that meets your needs now and into the future.


Tenant insurance will protect your personal property and liability.

If a fire destroys everything you own, could you afford to replace everything?  

If you cause a fire (maybe you left a pot on the stove), you could be legally liable for damage caused to your suite, the building, or maybe even the building next door.  If your neighbor is injured, they could sue you.  This demonstrates the importance of both property insurance to cover your belongings and liability insurance to cover bodily injury or property damage you may be responsible for.


When you buy a condo, you have special insurance needs. The Condo Corp is responsible for insuring the building and common areas. As a condo owner you need to protect your belongings, improvements to your condo space, and personal liability.   Coverage that is specific to condo unit owners includes:

  • Improvements and Betterments – even though the Condo Corp insures the building, it doesn’t insure any improvements or betterments made to the original design and build.  If you upgrade carpet, add a bathroom, or finish the basement, these upgrades need to be insured under improvements and betterments.  Your condo policy automatically includes a percentage of your belongings and can be increased if needed.
  • Contingent Coverage – protects you as a unit owner if the Condo Corp doesn’t have insurance on the building or if the insurance is inadequate in the event of a loss.
  • Loss Assessment Property – provides coverage if the Condo Corp policy is inadequate to cover extensive losses to common property or grounds and they assess a portion of the cost to each unit owner.  This coverage also protects you if the Condo Corp assesses an insurance deductible against you when they file an insurance claim.
  • Loss Assessment Liability – if the Condo Corp policy isn’t adequate to cover a large liability claim, they can provide an assessment to the Condo unit owners to pay any shortfall.

Rented Dwellings

Coverage is available for dwellings that you own and rent to others, whether your principal residence is insured with us or not.  

Seasonal Dwellings

Seasonal homeowners have the same insurance needs as other homeowners. As such, this form of insurance is similar to homeowner policy coverage.

Optional Coverages

Talk to one of our insurance professionals about the following optional coverages which can be added to your residential insurance policy.

Home Systems Protection

Covers the physical and financial damage that can result from breakdown of the systems, equipment, and appliances you depend on to provide heating and cooling, hot water, electricity, communications, and back up power. This is critical coverage as standard residential property insurance typically exclude equipment breakdown losses.

Home systems and equipment include:

  • Central air conditioning
  • Water purification and filtration
  • Permanent emergency generators
  • Boilers, furnaces, and heat pumps
  • Well pumps, installed sump pumps
  • Home security monitoring and control devices
  • Conventional and solar water heaters
  • Pool and spa pumps, heating and filtration
  • Chair lifts and elevators
  • Renewable energy systems (solar, wind, geothermal)
  • Electrical service panels

Appliances include:

  • Kitchen and laundry appliances
  • Home entertainment equipment
  • Computers, peripherals, and wireless devices
  • Mobile medical equipment
  • Portable generators and sump pumps

Service Line

Provides coverage for repairs to underground pipes and wiring that bring services such as water, gas, power, data, and communications into your home. Pays for:

  • Service line repairs
  • Related damage to outdoor property caused by repairs
  • Hotel and other costs if your home becomes uninhabitable until repairs are made.

Water Protection

Some insurers now offer water protection coverage, which includes not only sewer backup coverage, but also damage from:

  • flood - the rising of, breaking out, or overflow of any body of water, or watercourse, whether natural or man made.
  • ground water - water in the soil beneath the surface of the ground; coverage will be provided only when sudden and accidental and linked to a flood or surface water event.
  • surface water - water on the surface of the ground such as heavy rainfall or rapid snow melt, where it doesn’t usually build up under normal circumstances.

Sewer Backup

Water or sewage backs up, escapes, or overflows from the sewer, sump or septic tank.

Legal Expense

Some insurance companies will pay your legal costs to pursue or defend your legal rights for certain types of disagreements.

  • Employment disputes
  • Contract disputes
  • Bodily injury
  • Property protection
  • Tax protection
  • Employee legal defense

Increased limits coverage

Allows you to increase the limits of insurance for property that has specific amounts of protection, such as jewelry.

Glass deductible buy-down option

You can reduce your deductible for glass breakage for an  additional premium (keeping in mind that glass losses affect your claims free discount)

Voluntary fire fighting coverage

Protection is available to purchase if your property taxes do not include voluntary fire fighting.

Special belongings coverage

You may require extra protection on special items like furs, jewelry, fine art, coin and stamp collections, and bikes.

Residential Services

Safety & Loss Prevention

Policy Wordings

Industry Links


Get a Quote
Have a Question?